Saturday, August 21, 2010

Who am I?

I think that in the world we live in today, it is extremely difficult for people to find their 'real' selves. (Remember, these are just my opinions, so don't get too worked up over my posts [:) You can find many 'personality tests' on the internet, you can ask yourself millions of questions. Yet people still sit and wonder, who am I? 


I believe this is mostly true because I have found out that as you are around certain people more often, you develop some of their qualities. Whether they are good or bad, it isn't really up to you to decide which ones you will subconsciously take on. 


I have also found out that those people who do not care what others think, and let themselves be their own person tend to know themselves better than others. (Am I making sense?) 


Anyways, recently a friend of mine started a Facebook note. Now I am not a member of Facebook but instead he emailed me the note. This is what it read: 


"I'm Not Changing You to be Me. Don't Make me be You.


Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you." 


Now, I realize this note sounds extremely cliché and it seems there is always one of these notes going around, but this time I actually took the time to write/type out 25 random facts about myself. Ones that are more unique to me and not to other people. I found out that it was really REALLY hard to do so. It took me a few days to come up with a mere TWENTY-FIVE things about ME. 


This makes me realize that not everyone knows everything about their inner self. Maybe we should all take some time to answer the simple quesion: Who Am I? 


These were the 25 things about myself that I choose to write/type down: 


1. My favorite actor of all time is Johnny Depp!! (Captain Jack, Mad Hatter FTW!)


2. I absolutely LOVE drawing. It lets me get things out and I am not much of a writer. (So of course I have a blog. ;]) Although, I do believe that anything that I do draw doesn't look good at all. 


3. I wear converse. Cause it's sexy. Ha!


4. I collect purple monkeys. (: 


5. I can be considered a nerd. I love Star Wars, Star Trek, video games, and the like. But I can tell you one thing... I'm probably the coolest nerd you'll ever meet. ;) 


6. I hate South Dakota. As soon as I can I am hightailing it to Pennsylvania. 


7. Music = Life


8. I am a member of the Worldwide Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.  A fact I am very proud of. 


9. I am the eldest child of 3. Without my siblings there would be a part of me missing. 


10. My greatest fear is losing someone I love. 


11. Green tea is one of my weaknesses. The other is roses.


12. I love keeping in touch with people, but I am absolutely horrible at emailing.


13. I used to have terrible looking teeth. Now they are fairly white, straight, and even. I can enjoy smiling now. 


14. One of my favorite things to be called is Kalie Suzanne. Most of the people that I know, or have known my entire life don't know that. 


15. My favorite color is purple. So much so, in fact, I painted my room purple. I collect purple things (refer to number 4). And I even own a pair of purple skinny jeans.


16. I love hoodies, sundresses, and skinny jeans.


17. If I don't wear a seatbelt in a car, I feel naked. True facts.


18. If you looked in my refrigerator it would have watermelon, green tea, and stuff for making tacos and sushi. Mmmhmmmm. (: 


19. I feel like I make friends fairly easily. But I only have a very few close friends.


20. I am a very impulsive person. I decide something, and I feel like it needs to be taken care of immediately. I am unpredictable, with moods changing as quickly as the ocean. 


21. I am afraid of things I cannot control. 


22. I have arachnophobia. 


23. I am more inclined to stay awake during the night. 


24. I don't often enjoy sweet things/desserts. I just doesn't please my palate. Once in awhile I absolutely love something like that. But very rarely. Unless is sherbet.


25. If I could, I would make traveling a hobby. It's one of my favorite things to do. Whether by plane, car, or boat. I love it.


It may have taken me time to make this list, but I feel like I may know myself a bit better. and I am a little closer to answering the question: Who Am I? 

2 comments: